Have you ever heard of a game called Two Truths and A lie?
Well, it’s a famous game that you can play with friends, someone you’re dating, or even strangers! This article will explain how to play two truths and a lie. Not only that, we have listed over 150 Two truths and a lie ideas and questions.
Two truths and a lie has been around for ages. It’s one of the most popular ice breaker games that works well with people you know well and people you hardly know. It also makes a great drinking game! You can play a few rounds at a house party or pregame before hitting the bars. So what is two truths and a lie? And how do you play?
Don’t worry, we’ll cover all of that in more in this article. Let’s dive in!
What is Two Truth and a Lie?
As the name suggests, it’s about two truths and a lie. One person will reveal 3 statements about themselves and the other player has to guess the lie amongst them. It’s a simple game but it can be very tricky to guess the person’s lie if they pick strategic things about themselves.
Whenever we get together a group of friends who don’t know each well, we love to play two truths and a lie. This may look very easy but when you play, you’ll understand how much fun it is.
How To Play Two Truths And A Lie Game?
So it’s very easy – all you need is at least one partner to play with. We find it’s more fun the more people you play with though.
- Everyone one by one share three statements about themselves, two of them should be true and one is a lie. The opposite team or the opposite person playing have to guess the lie. That’s it!
- If they guess correctly, then they win. If not, they lose! Now it’s their turn.
- You can decide the punishment for the losing person or team – we like to make it a drink or a shot.
Want to learn more? Watch this video where Will Smith Plays two truths and a lie game on the Ellen Show.
Best Two Truths And A Lie Ideas
Sometimes it’s very tough to think about a simple lie and two truths about yourself. That’s where we come in with our handy list of truths and lies! You can refer to this list if you can’t think of any good truths or lies.
- I used to do improv.
- I once wrote a play about hard-boiled eggs.
- I speak 23 languages.
- I speak three languages.
- I can ride a motorcycle.
- I took acting classes in college and have been in a commercial.
- I got a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT.
- I’ve completed a professional eating contest.
- I can breakdance.
- I can read and write Latin.
- I don’t have my driver’s license.
- I learned to read when I was four years old.
- I almost flunked out of college.
- I’ve been published in three magazines.
- I’ve slept with a 40-year-old.
- Old people turn me on.
- I’ve gone skinny dipping in Florida.
- I’ve failed a class in school.
- I’ve never been to detention.
- I was the teacher’s pet in undergrad.
- I can speak Spanish.
- I speak sign language.
- I can speak German.
- I can speak Russian.
- I don’t eat meat.
- I’m a really good cook.
- I’ve met David Beckham.
- I won a TV game show.
- I used to play American football.
- I used to weigh over 200 lbs.
Flirty, Funny Two Truths And A Lie Questions
Here are some funny and flirty 2 truths and 1 lie questions that you can try out.
- I have been swimming with sharks.
- I’ve been to Africa.
- I’ve been to Australia.
- I’ve been to Miami.
- My favorite drink is tequila.
- I’m a virgin.
- I lost my virginity when I was 15.
- I’ve never stayed up all night long.
- I’ve dated two people at the same time.
- I’ve never cheated on my significant other.
- I drink wine every weekend.
- I have two degrees from a university.
- I have two phones.
- I’ve never gotten food poisoning.
- I can ski.
- I can surf.
- I’ve been snowboarding before.
- My parents own two houses.
- I’ve never had the flu.
- I own an iPhone.
- My favorite holiday is Halloween.
- I am religious.
- I’ve been to California.
- My favorite ice cream is chocolate.
- My favorite dessert is apple pie.
- I’ve never puked from drinking.
- I can shotgun a beer in less than 10 seconds.
- I own a car.
- I’ve been to Canada.
- My favorite candy is Skittles.
- I went to prom in high school.
- I have a crush on someone in our class.
- I home-schooled my kids.
- I love eating tomatoes and mushrooms.
- I learned three languages and can’t speak any of them.
- I can do a pirouette on pointe.
- I can run 5 miles in under 45 minutes.
- I have autographs from Sonny and Cher.
- I can play the guitar.
- I have been ice fishing.
- I have flown in a hot air balloon.
- I have been bungy jumping.
- I have never been to Vegas.
- I am a classically trained pianist.
- I play the harmonica.
- I have a banana tree in my yard.
- I am shy on the phone.
- I love camping.
- I won a mud-wrestling contest.
- I drive a convertible.
- I have never broken a bone.
- I was an Olympic swimmer.
- I have been stung by a jellyfish.
- I have driven a monster truck.
- I have been in a Hollywood movie.
- I can juggle seven oranges.
- I won a pie-eating contest.
- I have met Julia Roberts.
- I play in a rock band.
- I grow most of my own food.
- I can list the U.S. state capitals alphabetically.
- I can’t swim.
- I can hold my breath for two minutes.
- I’ve never been able to do a cartwheel.
- I rowed for my college team.
- I know how to juggle.
- I’m really into working out.
- I took ballet lessons last year to try to become more graceful.
- I can run a mile in under seven minutes.
- I’ve swum with sharks.
- I love hunting and once shot a 710-pound elk.
- I run every day (even when it’s cold outside).
- I’ve climbed six mountains.
- I used to play goalie for my high school soccer team.
- I used to drink beer every day.
- I had an imaginary friend growing up.
- I love thunderstorms.
- I stay up until 1am every night.
- I was born in 1990.
- My top soccer team is Chelsea.
- I’ve met Barack Obama.
- I have a crush on Ariana Grande.
- My favorite music is EDM.
- I can DJ.
- I can beatbox.
- I love drinking coffee.
- My favorite animals are peacocks.
- I hate spicy food.
- I can’t stand it when people pay with exact change.
- I am a vegetarian.
- My favorite place in the world is New York City.
- I can play the piano.
- I’m really good at cooking Italian food.
- I can juggle.
- I never learned how to ride a bicycle.
- I’m a great whistler.
- I am a twin.
- I asked Conan O’Brien out to prom.
- When I was a kid, I wanted to be a hockey player.
- My dad builds sewage factories.
- I used to live in a theater.
- My sister is a vegetarian.
- I have a sister who is ten years younger than me.
- I was born in Denver, Colorado.
- I grew up on an island.
- I wore the same sweatshirt every day in middle school.
- I grew up on Long Island.
- I was voted most likely to succeed in high school.
- I graduated at the top of my class in college.
- I was the first person in my family to go to college.
- I grew up in an apple orchard.
- I went to grade school with the current senator.
- For my 16th birthday I asked for and received the hardcover versions of The Lord of the Rings.
- I used to have a huge crush on my 7th grade science teacher.
- I went to prom wearing an actual Cinderella dress.
- I’m Mexican.
- One of my cousins is a movie star.
- I am colorblind.
- I am legally deaf in one ear.
- I was born with a tail.
- I still own a huge collection of Beanie Babies.
- I’ve never broken a bone.
- I am deathly afraid of clowns.
- I brush my teeth four times a day.
- I never use public restrooms.
- I’m allergic to strawberries.
- I am incredibly superstitious.
That concludes our list of two truths and lie questions! We hope you found some inspiration for your two truths and a lie. The point of the game is to pick creative answers, so hopefully, this list will help you come up with your own. Looking for something else to play with friends? Check out our article on fun WhatsApp games you can play with your friends.
Got a favorite two truths and lie you would like to share with us? Let us know about them in the comments below.
Stay swiping friends!