100 Best Instagram Captions for Guys: The Ultimate List
“A picture is worth a thousand words,” Fred R. Barnard used to say, but that was back when Instagram was just an idea. Nowadays, picking out the best Instagram captions for guys can be difficult.
Yes, sometimes pictures do speak for themselves. But if you want to increase your followers, engage your audience, and impress someone you really like on social media, you need a caption that will catch their attention.
Sometimes, though, it takes hours, if not days, to think of the perfect caption. I feel your pain; there are times where I’d scrap the photo I just took because I don’t know what to caption it with!
But forget your worries, today I’ll be showing you how to write the perfect caption for your photo. I’ve also listed some of the best Instagram captions for guys you can use on your next pic, or take inspiration from.
- 1 100 Best Instagram Captions for Guys: The Ultimate List
- 2 What Makes a Great Instagram Caption?
- 3 Instagram Caption 101: How to Write Good Instagram Captions for Every Type of Post
- 4 100 Best Instagram Captions for Guys
- 5 Conclusion
What Makes a Great Instagram Caption?
The ideal Instagram caption must do the following:
- Show your brand’s personality
- Provide context to your post
- Engage and entertain your audience
- Compel and/or inspire others to take action
- Encourage others to write comments and tag people
- Build a stronger relationship with your audience
Instagram allows people to write a caption that’s up to 2,200 characters in length including emojis. When it comes to tagging, you’re given an additional 30 hashtags.
Regardless of the freedom Instagram gives you, it’s best to stick with short, attention-grabbing sentences. No one wants to read a huge block of text; unless, of course, you’re a writer, and it’s how you and your followers interact with each other.
Furthermore, people on Instagram scroll through their feed quickly. Thus, it’s best to keep your caption brief. Remember: the first three lines of your caption are displayed under your pic. For captions longer than three lines, people will have to tap “read more” to see the whole thing.
With that in mind, here are some tips to keep in mind when captioning your posts:
Instagram Caption 101: How to Write Good Instagram Captions for Every Type of Post
The beauty of social media is that you can position yourself the way you want to be seen. Online, you have time to construct and refine the very idea of yourself.
Psychologists call it self-presentation. I just call it engaging people with your words. It’s fun. It’s safe. And it’s what Instagram is all about!
Whether it be a pic with the boys, hanging out with bae, or a smirking solo-selfie, you need a great Instagram caption to complete your post.
Tip # 1: Know Your Audience
What type of Instagrammer are you? Are you an influencer? A food blogger? An adventurer? A creator? Do you like posting memes all time? Or are you all of the above, similar to a box of chocolates; you followers never know what they’re gonna get?
If your followers initially followed you for your humor, it’ll be a bit awkward to start captioning your posts with extremely serious quotes. If the majority of your followers are, I don’t know, dads and moms, they most likely won’t understand netspeak.
Knowing your audience is important when captioning your posts. Ask yourself this:
- Do I need to add more context to this post?
- Will they understand this reference?
- Should I shorten my caption to catch their attention more?
- Is it “my style” or appropriate to use emojis?
- Will it look out of place if I use internet lingo like “lol”, “lmao” and the like?
Once you answer those questions, the next step will be easier.
Tip # 2: Use Your Voice
Do you want your caption to be funny, or do you want it to be classy and inspirational? Or perhaps you just simply let your audience know about your day?
Although not always necessary, it’s best if your caption directly correlates to your picture. You must also use a voice unique to you.
In a general sense, Instagram users don’t particularly expect a formal or serious tone, so don’t be afraid to use emojis, humor (when appropriate!) and show your personality. You do you!
Tip # 3: Emojis, Emojis, Emojis!
Emojis are a great way to spice up your captions. It also makes things look light, fun, inviting, and conversational.
According to global statistics, 92% of the online population uses emojis daily. Why? Because emojis enhance the message we’re trying to convey.
Online, your tone of voice, facial expressions, etc, are stripped away. Therefore, to compensate, adding several emojis help your caption be conveyed more visually. You can also use it at the beginning to catch your audience’s attention.
So, don’t be afraid to use emojis! Be generous, but not too generous. Alright, now that we’ve gone over some basic Instagram tips, let’s talk about the best Instagram captions for guys.
100 Best Instagram Captions for Guys
Here are some examples of the best Instagram captions for guys you can use for every type of post:
1. For Smiling Selfies
- “Smile a little more, regret a little less.”
- “Smile, it’s free therapy.”
- “Nothing shakes the smiling heart.”
- “Be the reason someone smiles today.”
- “Never regret something that once made you smile.”
- “Every smile makes you a day younger.”
- “A smile is the best defense against an offensive world.”
- “Worry less, smile more!”
- “There is always a reason to smile.”
- “Thank you for being the reason I smile.”
2. For When You Want To Inspire
- “Get out there and live a little!”
- “Be awesome today.”
- “Be a Warrior, not a Worrier.”
- “Do what is right, not what is easy.”
- “Nobody is perfect. That’s why pencils have erasers.”
- “Always focused on being happy.”
- “They criticize you too much because they wish they were you.”
- “The world wants men who are beasts.”
- “A man shall never settle until he hits his dream.”
- “Success is the by-product of your attitude.”
3. For When You’re With Bae
- “Hella heart eyes for you.”
- “She wrote love with her smile and magic with her eyes.”
- “Sweeter than honey.”
- “She was made of sunlight.”
- “God has a plan. Trust it, live it, enjoy it.”
- “Home is wherever I’m with you.”
- “You are my favorite distraction.”
- “Two peas in a pod.”
- “You stole my heart, but I guess I’ll let you keep it.”
- “My downfall will always be my lust for pretty things.”
4. For Funny Captions
- “I put the ‘pro’ in procrastinate.”
- “It’s not a phase mom, it’s who I am.”
- “Sure, I do marathons. On Netflix.”
- “I want to kill the hottest person alive…but suicide is a crime!”
- “My goal this weekend is to move, just enough so people don’t think I’m dead.”
- “I don’t care what people think of me. Mosquitos find me attractive!”
- “Good food is a good mood.”
- “I got back with my ex…box 360.”
- “An apple a day will keep anyone away…if you throw it hard enough.”
- “I think you’re suffering from a lack of vitamin me.”
5. For When You’re With Friends
- “We got that Friday night feeling.”
- “We were all strangers to begin with.”
- “Saturdays are for the boys.”
- “On my worst behavior.”
- “Friends buy you food. Best friends eat your food.”
- “We’re having a selfie contest.”
- “Just remember, if we get caught, you’re deaf and I don’t speak English.”
- “If you aren’t somewhat crazy in the head, I’m afraid we can’t be friends.”
- “Guess who’s the friend who doesn’t know how to whisper?”
- “Your vibe attracts your tribe.”
6. For When You Want To Use Song Lyrics for your Instagram captions
- “I’m just feelin’ my vibe right now. I’m feelin’ myself.” – Desiigner, “Panda”
- “Pop pop, it’s showtime! Showtime! Guess who’s back again?” — Bruno Mars “24k Magic”
- “Am I more than you bargained for yet?” ― Fall Out Boy, “Sugar, We’re Going Down”
- “Cheers to the freakin’ weekend.” —Rihanna, “Cheers”
- “I’m gonna live like tomorrow doesn’t exist.” —Sia, “Chandelier”
- “The night is still young and so are we.” ― Nicki Minaj, “The Night Is Still Young”
- “We ain’t picture perfect but we worth the picture still.” – J. Cole
- “If God got us, then we gon’ be alright.” – Kendrick Lamar
- “I’m getting kinda over this. I need a metamorphosis.” – Maroon 5 & Julia Michaels, “Help Me Out”
- “It won’t be easy, but I’m down for the ride” – Jessie J, “Not My Ex”
7. For When You Want To Use Book Quotes
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” ― The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkein
- “There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.” — J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
- “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will, which I now exert to leave you.” — Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
- “Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.” — Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
- “A man, after he has brushed off the dust and chips of his life, will have left only the hard, clean questions: Was it good or was it evil? Have I done well — or ill?” — John Steinbeck, East of Eden
- “We accept the love we think we deserve.” ― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- “I can’t stand it to think my life is going so fast and I’m not really living it.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
- “It doesn’t matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you.” — Roald Dahl, The Witches
- “We’re all under the same sky and walk the same earth; we’re alive together during the same moment.” — Maxine Hong Kingston, The Woman Warrior
8. For Flirty Captions
- “There’s always a wild side to an innocent face.”
- “If you’re looking at this, it’s too late. You’re mine now!”
- “I’m S.I.N.G.L.E.: Sexy, Innocent, Naughty, Gorgeous, Lustful, and Exciting!”
- “IDK, I’d marry me.”
- “How about you come over here? I’ve got all of your favorites ready. Burgers, fries, smoothies, and me.”
- “Lookin’ like a snack. Come, eat me!”
- “The reason why I’m posting this selfie is that I know you’re checking.”
- “I’m the boy you’ve always wanted.
- “If I was lost, would you take me home with you and shower me with lots of love?”
- “Snuggling, cuddling, kissing, smiling, and laughing—all the things I want to do with you.”
9. For Captions With Boyish Attitude
- “I know, I’m lucky I’m so cute.”
- “If your life got harder, Congratulations! You just leveled up.”
- “I am who I am, your approval is not needed.”
- “I am not perfect. I’m limited edition.”
- “Born to express not to impress.”
- “I don’t care what you think of me. Unless you think I’m awesome – in which case, you’re right. Carry on…”
- “I’m a humble person, really. I’m actually much greater than I think I am.”
- “Excellence is not a skill, it’s an attitude.”
- “Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.”
- “Coffee in one hand, confidence in the other.”
10. For Nature Captions
- “Earth has music for those who listen.”
- “Colors are the smiles of nature.”
- “Nature never goes out of style.”
- “Just living is not enough…One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”
- “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.”
- “Don’t tell me the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon.”
- “You will find beauty everywhere if you truly love nature.”
- “Good vibes happen on the tides.”
- “Smell the sea, and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly.”
- “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.”
11. For Captions With Family
- “Family makes a person a human being.”
- “I shook my family tree and a bunch of nuts fell out.”
- “My family is temperamental. Half temper, half mental.”
- “”Time spent with family is worth every second.””
- “Remember… as far as anyone knows, we are a nice, normal family.”
- “They may annoy me…but at the end of the day they’re family.”
- “Family; a little bit of crazy, a little bit of loud, and a whole lot of love.”
- “No family is perfect, we argue, we fight. We even stop talking to each other sometimes. But in the end, family is family, the love will always be there.”
- “I am blessed to have so many great things in my life – family, friends, and God. All will be in my thoughts daily.”
- “A house is made of bricks and beams, a home is made of love and dreams.”
Once you get the hang of captioning your posts, your follower count and engagement will increase by itself. Coming up with good captions might seem hard at first, but eventually, they’ll start writing themselves. We hope you found this article on the best Instagram captions for guys helpful.
Good luck, and have fun!