Maybe you’re confused by reading the name but I’m sure once in your lifetime you must have played this super amazing game.
The telephone game is one of those games you can play in parties or get together with a group of friends and even with your family.
You just need people and nothing else. And also there’s no limit of that, the number of people means much more fun game session. We are here to tell you about this game and also how to play this game.
And at least, we’ll be sharing some best Telephone game ideas and phrases you can use in this game.
What Is Telephone Game?
The telephone game is the game you can play with a group of friends. Basically, this is about the right listening and coordinating skills. And this game is also the example of misunderstandings going on everywhere.
The game can be played by arranging all the players in a well-arranged manner, can be a line or a circle would be the better choice (Everyone can site in that too)
How To Play Telephone Game?
Very simple and fun game to play, Here are the steps you can follow :
- Ask your friends to assemble at one open space.
- Arrange them either in a line or a circle. (Circle would be preferable and also ask them to sit)
- Sit with a proper distance that anyone can’t hear what the other person is whispering.
- Now, tell all the steps and rules to everyone.
- And the rule is, Anyone of you can start the game.
- One person has to whisper a phrase into ear’s of the person sitting next to them.
- The phrase is only whispered only once, pay close attention.
- Then that person will whisper the same thing to their next one.
- And this way, the game will go on till you get to the first person who started the game.
- Once first person heard the whispered phrase from the preceding one.
- He’ll share out loud that we he exactly said at first and what he got at last.
- And the game ends with lots of laughter because usually the phrase changes completely in this game and that’s the best part to laugh about.
- You can start again with someone else starting the game this time.
One Word Phrases for Telephone Game
Saying one single complex word is really fun because, at the end, that word is completely lost. These are some one-word telephone game ideas you can try.
Also Read: Best Accent Challenge Game Ideas
58 Funny Telephone Game Phrases
Lines are much more tough to remember and if they’re complex then it can be easily lost and manipulated. These are some of the best telephone game phrases, try them out!
- Noisy Ned needs nuggets
- Ghostly gum tastes gooey
- Scarecrows steal soft sandwiches
- Junie B Jones likes Jamba Juice
- Dracula drinks dark drool
- ________ makes math mash-ups (fill in your child’s teachers name )
- Moody Mummies munch on moldy mothballs
- Walking in a Winter Wonderland
- Snowflakes will slide softly soon
- Leaves like loose piles
- Teachers take tons of toadstools
- Recess rocks restless roosters
- Counting cars quietly
- Lightening McQueen likes loaded lunches
- Classmates climb cars for cash
- I’d love eating toasted cheese and tuna sandwiches.
- The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog and says hello to the cat.
- The angry birds ate candy and crushed the subway surfer.
- A pink pig and a pesky donkey flew a kite at night.
- Rabbits rumble, giants grumble, dogs bark in the dark, and wolves woo in the blue.
- Wednesday is the hump day, but is the camel happy about it.
- Alex the Alsatian ate eleven Éclairs in the evening with an Espresso.
- The Martians invested in shares when the NASDAQ dropped several feet.
- Roger racketed seventeen balls against Sylvester alone.
- Bob the builder rented Oswald’s apartment and borrowed Noddy’s car.
- a guppy in a shark tank
- candy crunching coconut lovers
- red roses with thorny stems
- doorknobs and doorjambs with hasps and hinges
- More maids mop hotels.
- The shark tank has a guppy.
- Cold crunching coconut covers.
- White flowers with thorny stems.
- Blue chair on the table.
- Suitcase with a new suit.
- Ten cups in the cupboard.
- Green bag burst big bubbles.
- Too blue to make it through.
- It is nice to have black mice.
- She sells sea shells.
- The big box on the road.
- The door closed behind the poor.
- Sparkling sweet sugar.
- Popping pure purree.
- Low light looks gloomy.
- Micky Mouse enjoys raw fish.
- The ice cream was melting.
- Candy floss is my favourite snack.
- My ponytail got stuck in my shirt.
- My dad got me a pink balloon.
- I broke my toy robot.
- Lane did not wash the dishes.
- I wish I had a pet bunny.
- The eggs just broke on the way.
- The store ran out of yoga mats.
- Chocolates make my teeth hurt.
- I once saw a rainbow in London.
- I learned to swim when I was 14.
Telephone Game Phrases for Kids
- “The cat jumped over the moon.”
- “The sky is falling.”
- “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.”
- “The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.”
- “The wheels on the bus go round and round.”
- “Mary had a little lamb.”
- “The birdie in the tree goes tweet tweet tweet.”
- “The sun is shining bright.”
- “The fish in the sea swims so merrily.”
- “The flowers in the field are blooming so beautifully.”
- “The bear went over the mountain.”
- “The stars twinkle in the night sky.”
- “The moon shines bright on a clear night.”
- “The wind blows gently in the trees.”
- “The river flows swiftly to the sea.”
Telephone Game Phrases for Adults
- “A rolling stone gathers no moss.”
- “The early bird catches the worm.”
- “When in Rome, do as the Romans do.”
- “You can’t make an omelet without breaking eggs.”
- “Every cloud has a silver lining.”
- “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.”
- “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.”
- “The proof of the pudding is in the eating.”
- “You can’t judge a book by its cover.”
- “You can’t have your cake and eat it too.”
- “Actions speak louder than words.”
- “You can’t have too much of a good thing.”
- “A picture is worth a thousand words.”
- “Good things come to those who wait.”
- “You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.”
So this was more than 100 tough phrases and ideas for telephone games. This game is one of the most fun games to be played with friends. And in a philosophical way too, you can actually understand how one simple thing can get complex and misunderstood so easily.
Also Read: Best Kitty Party Games
The technique of this game is so easy, just no cheating. The original phrase should be with the one who starts, he/she should not share that with anybody. So, the next time you meet with your family or friends and feel a little bore. Ask them to line up and start introducing this to them, they’ll love it!