Fashion, the word inspires words and awe from all around the globe. Fashion, an icon in itself. So we bring you the best fashion quotes you must read.
The way you move to what you wear. The fashion greats followed and revered as any greats in their fields. They are vocal and sometimes what they might have said has left the world a good looking place. Numbered below are words of some of the greatest fashion designers of all times. They are not meant to be just chewed…but ruminated upon and digested for further use…
50 Greatest Fashion Quotes of All time
- ‘ Walk the line and you will have three men walking behind you’ ~ Oscar de la Renta
- ‘ Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world’ ~ Marilyn Monroe
- ‘In order to be irreplaceable, you must always be different’ ~ Coco Chanel
- ‘Fashions fade, style is eternal.’ – Yves Saint Laurent
- ”One is never over-dressed or underdressed with a Little Black Dress.’ – Karl Lagerfeld
- Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.’ – Audrey Hepburn
- “Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory.” —Coco Chanel
- I firmly believe that with the right footwear one can rule the world. —Bette Midler
- “I loathe narcissism, but I approve of vanity.” —Diana Vreeland
- “A woman’s dress should be a like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.” —Sophia Loren
- “I like my money right where I can see it…hanging in my closet.” —Carrie Bradshaw
10 Short Lifestyle and Fashion Quotes
- “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.” —Kate Moss
- “I can’t concentrate in flats!” —Victoria Beckham
- “I don’t do fashion. I am fashion.” —Coco Chanel
- “Walk like you have three men walking behind you.” —Oscar de la Renta
- “You can have anything you want in life if you dress for it.” —Edith Head
- “Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life.” —Bill Cunningham
- “When in doubt, wear red.” —Bill Blass
- “I don’t design clothes. I design dreams.” —Ralph Lauren
- “Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them.” —Marc Jacobs
- “Fashions fade, style is eternal.” —Yves Saint Laurent
Inspirational Fashion Quotes for Women
- “How can you live the high life if you do not wear the high heels?” —Sonia Rykiel
- “Anyone can get dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their days off that are the most intriguing.” —Alexander Wang
- “Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live.” —Gianni Versace
- “In difficult times, fashion is always outrageous.” —Elsa Schiaparelli
- “You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet.” —Christian Dior
- “Fashion is what you’re offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose.” —Lauren Hutton
- “The dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress.” —Hubert de Givenchy
- “I know what women want. They want to be beautiful.” —Valentino Garavani
- “A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.” —Coco Chanel
- “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” —Harry Winston
- “Luxury is the ease of a t-shirt in a very expensive dress.” ―Karl Lagerfeld
- “And now, I’m just trying to change the world, one sequin at a time.” —Lady Gaga
- “My look is attainable. Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses.” —Audrey Hepburn
- “A little bad taste is like a nice splash of paprika. We all need a splash of bad taste—it’s hearty, it’s healthy, it’s physical. I think we could use more of it. No taste is what I’m against.” —Diana Vreeland
- “Elegance is elimination.” —Cristóbal Balenciaga
- “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” —Rachel Zoe
- “Men tell me that I’ve saved their marriages. It costs them a fortune in shoes, but it’s cheaper than a divorce. So I’m still useful, you see” —Manolo Blahnik
- “What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language.” —Miuccia Prada
- “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” —Coco Chanel
- “Attitude is everything.” —Diane von Furstenberg
- “We must never confuse elegance with snobbery.” —Yves Saint Laurent
- “Playing dress-up begins at age five and never truly ends.” —Kate Spade
- “Elegance is not standing out, but being remembered.” —Giorgio Armani
- “Your dresses should be tight enough to show you’re a woman and loose enough to show you’re a lady.” —Edith Head
10 Great Fashion Quotes by Top Designers
- “I don’t approach fashion. Fashion approaches me!” —Daphne Guinness
- “We have this saying, Christy and I. We don’t wake up for less than $10,000 a day.” —Linda Evangelista
- “My look is a cocktail. I’m not as nicely turned out as the french, but I don’t care like the English.” —Jane Birkin
- “More is more and less is a bore.” —Iris Apfel
- “The hardest thing in fashion is not to be known for a logo, but to be known for a silhouette.” —Giambattista Valli
- “Clothes are like a good meal, a good movie, great pieces of music.” —Michael Kors
- “I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity—all I hope for in my clothes. —Yves Saint Laurent
- “Whoever said that money can’t buy happiness, simply didn’t know where to go shopping.” —Bo Derek
- “Big girls need big diamonds.” —Elizabeth Taylor
- “Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.” —Karl Lagerfeld
There you have it from the Fashion mughals and fashionistas of all times. The words that are etched into our memories of their faces and their immaculate sense of style. All we need is shoes, diamonds and clothes to match, the world will be definitely a better looking place. Style however, doesn’t hide behind the fashion labels, it just arrives in style!
Hope you liked all the style and fashion quotes. The upcoming post is again about some beautiful clicks <3
The Power of Style
Style as defined by some of the greatest fashion icons is not just about the clothes we wear but about how we present ourselves to the world.
It is a reflection of our personality an expression of our unique self.
Diana Vreeland once said “You gotta have style.
It helps you get down the stairs.
It helps you get up in the morning.
It’s a way of life.
Without it you’re nobody.” And she couldn’t be more right.
Style is more than just following trends or wearing the latest designer labels.
It is about finding what makes us feel confident and comfortable and owning it.
As Iris Apfel once said “Fashion you can buy but style you possess.” So let your style shine through and make a statement without saying a word.