So you love dogs but still confused about whether or not to keep it due to its hair loss causing allergy. Well, Hypoallergenic dogs is your answer. Find out Top 25 Hypoallergenic dog breeds that every dog lover must be knowing about.
We have shared details of some of the Top Hypoallergenic dog breeds that you can pet.
- 1 What are hypoallergenic dogs?
- 2 Hypoallergenic dog Breeds
- 3 Top Hypoallergenic Dogs List
- 4 Conclusion:
What are hypoallergenic dogs?
Hypoallergenic dogs are basically the dogs whose allergy causing rate are low than other dogs. They usually own these type of dogs as pets by pet lovers. Normally, the dogs’ releases dander along with its feather which is the main cause of an allergy to the owners. Dander is the part of the skin released by dogs along with feather in the air. There are no 100% dogs resistant to the shedding of dander, but there are some pets or dogs whose dander rate is low or are often predictable. So, people often opt for these breeds hypoallergenic.
Hypoallergenic dog Breeds
To help with this stuff, we will go to discuss several good breeds which you can opt for them as your pet. So, let’s get started.
Havanese is quite a small and crossbreed dog but cute with short legs. It is hypoallergenic too with a double coat. It rates 1 out of 5 on shedding scale. They originated it in Cuba by cross-breeding of Blanquito and Bichon. It has great affection for its owner. It looks like a soft toy but in reality, also it is soft to touch. It is easy to teach it because it is intelligent and attentive too.
- Low rate of dander so good hypoallergenic dog.
- Intelligent and attentive
- Affectionate, Playful, Companionate, Responsive and Gentle.
2. Maltese Terrier
Maltese Terrier is a charming white looking toy like a dog which withers its fur sometimes but it is prepossessing. These are best for people having a problem with pet allergies. This is one of the gentlest breeds among dogs. The only problem with these kinds of pups is that they are intolerant to small kids, so if you have kids in your home think twice before buying. Otherwise, it is very playful, active, affectionate. It weighs around 3-4 kg.
- It is a docile and sweet-tempered dog.
- It is intelligent and attentive.
- It is active, playful, affectionate, gentle and fearless.
3. Tibetan Terrier
These are medium-sized dog originated in Tibet. It has long flowing hair and shoe-shaped leg which makes it cute. Because of its long hair, it requires regular grooming otherwise it is fit for the people looking out for hypoallergenic dogs. It weighs around 8-14 kg. It plays an excellent role as a guard dog. It is faithful and loyal to their owner.
Characteristic features :
- It is available in various colors like black, white, brindle, golden, piebald, grey, Tri-color.
- It is affectionate, energetic, sensitive and gentle.
- It has long hairy furs.
4. Chinese Crested
Chinese crested is a hairless dog breed which is best suited for the people are in search of hypoallergenic dogs. They originate it from China, Africa, Mexico. It is basically available in two varieties like Powerpuff and Hairless. Its life expectancy is 13-15 years. It is family friendly and cats too. It is perfect lap dogs with slender legs and requires love from the owner.
- It is smart and intelligent, so it is easy to train.
- It weighs around 2.3-5.7 kg.
- It is sweet-tempered, playful and affectionate.
The poodle is one of the most recognized breeds among hypoallergenic dogs. It is mostly available in three varieties like Standard, Toy, and Miniature. They originate it from Germany and France. Along with its non-shedding coats, it also doesn’t emit odors. It is friendly and good at comedy. Its life expectancy is around 12-15 years.
- It is available in various colors like black, white, cream, blue, grey, brown, silver red.
- It weighs varies according to the variety.
- It is intelligent, faithful, and active.
6. Bichon Frise
Bichon Frise is a toy cum dog which is cute looking having an adorable big beautiful black eyes. It is recommendable for people dealing with pet allergies. Its life expectancy is 12-15 years. It requires care and love from their owner. It is friendly and also gentle. It is intelligent and grasps the things quickly that is it is easy to train.
- It is available in colors like White, White and Cream, White and Apricot.
- It is friendly.
- It reproduces 4-6 offsprings at a time.
Are you Labrador lover? But can’t have it because of its coat shedding. You must look out for Labradoodle which well combines Labrador and Poodle, which is hypoallergenic. It is of Australia origin. But one most important thing you must keep it in your mind that before buying it, you must ask its generation number. It is active and friendly.
- It is an energetic and joyful or playful dog.
- It shows special love and affection for their owner.
- It has a cute and adorable look.
8. Shih Tzu
Shih Tzu is an amazing pet for the people in search of hypoallergenic dogs. It is cute, attractive because of its flown hairs. It has a life expectancy of 10-15 years. It is of Tibetan Plateau origin. We, know it for its loyalty and friendliness. Since it is small and light, it is a good lap dog.
- It is available in colors like black, white, blue, gold and many more.
- It weighs around 4-7.2 kg.
- It is intelligent, clever, friendly and loyal.
9. Scottish Terrier
Scottish Terrier, popularly known as Scottie is one of the top suggestible breeds for the people dealing with allergies. It is a low shedding double coated breed which makes it dander free. The hair eyebrows and beard makes it unique, special and attractive too. It is very loyal to the owner, but it’s territorial too. It is owned by many popular stars, so it’s quite a kind of luxurious dog. Its life expectancy is around 11-13 years.
- It is available in colors like black, wheaten, and brindle
- It reproduces around 1-8 offsprings at a time.
- It weighs approximately 8.5-10 kg.
10. Australian Silky Terrier
Australian Silky Terrier is small, silky and mischievous kind of breed, It is small rather is long in length with thin strong bones. Its origin is in Australia. Though it looks like a hairy breed yet it is hypoallergenic. Its hair follows the body line. It is definitely not a lap dog because it always remains active and playful. It might feel uncomfortable with other pet. Its life span is around 12-15 years.
- It is available in colors like blue, grey, black, silver and other.
- It is active, joyful and friendly.
- It weighs around 3.6-4.5 kg.
Basenji is one of the best breeds for the people who are looking for intelligent, cunning and a hypoallergenic dog. It is easy to train. It doesn’t bark rather make a different sound. It is of Africa origin, Its life span is around 12-16 years. Its smelling power is strong. It attracts people by its little wrinkles on their forehead, big eyes. It requires grooming like a cat and also cleanses itself like a cat.
- It makes a low howl instead of barking.
- It weighs approximately 10-12 kg.
- It is energetic, intelligent and curious.
12. Brussel Griffon
Brussel Griffon is best advisable for the people in search of hypoallergenic dogs. It is of Belgium origin. Its life expectancy is of 10-15 years. It is mostly recognized its intelligence and sense of humor. It also hunts and kills rats somewhat like cats.
- It is available in colors like blue, black, brown, beige.
- It weighs around 3.1-5.4 kg.
- It is intelligent, alert, sensitive.
Top Hypoallergenic Dogs List
Here is the list of 25 Hypoallergenic Dog Breeds that you must be knowing about.
- Maltese Terrier
- Tibetan Terrier
- Bichon Frise
- Brussel Griffon
- Australian Silky Terrier
- Scottish Terrier
- Shih Tzu
- West Highland White Terrier
- Cairn Terrier
- Chinese Crested
- Yorkshire Terrier
- Airedale Terrier
- Afghan Hound
- Bouvier Des Flandres
- Border Terrier
- Irish Water Spaniel
- Kerry Blue Terrier
- Portuguese Water Dog
- Wheaten Terrier
So you can check out the details of the following breed so you can get your best hypoallergenic dogs and friendly along with some appreciable features.
So, all these are least causing allergies breed but we can guarantee you will not face any medical issues. It all depends on how you maintain the hygiene of your dog. Therefore, before buying a dog make sure you get all the correct information about it like their disease or abnormalities. Hope this article helped you in providing you all the assured information and description. If you want to ask any more questions related to this topic, please comment below and we will clarify it.