Remembering your childhood, answer just one question. Have you ever played hide and seek? If your answer is yes, you must be knowing that this game is one of those games in which you can’t play alone. And that’s contrary to our heading, One man hide and seek (or Hitori Kakurenbo). Because in this game you won’t be having any of your friends with you but a ghost.
Yes, a ghost! Seems funny or dangerous?
What is One Man Hide and Seek Game?
First of all, this game is known as Hitori Kakurenbo which literally means One Man Hide and Seek. The game is same, it’s just you’ll be playing this time with one ghost. You’ll invite them by yourself and also give them farewell. Without wasting any more time, Let’s get into it and see the right technique to play this spooky game.
Requirements to Play this Ritual/Game
You will some items to play this game. Make sure to have them all as it really important to use the exact same items listed below;
- A stuffed doll with limbs (Limbs are necessary)
- Pair of nail cutters
- A needle
- A red thread
- A knife
- A bathroom (Should have a bathtub in it)
- A glass of salt water
- A television
- A hiding place
- One sack of uncooked rice
- Some cleaning agent
You have to be alone for the game!
How to Play One Man Hide and Seek Game?
Now, unlike other games, Hitori Kakurenbo is divided into 3 parts. Pre, Main, and Post.
Here are the steps you need to follow before playing this game.
- Using a knife, cut the doll from the midpoint.
- There must be stuffing of cotton inside, remove that.
- Stuff that with uncooked rice you have and cut your piece of nail and keep that into it with rice.
- You have a needle and red thread too, remember?
- Using that, stitch the doll to keep that uncooked rice intact, after stitching properly, do not cut the remaining thread.
- Roll the remaining thread around doll only and then tie both the ends.
- Fill water in the bathtub.
- Time to search for a place to hide. (Just search don’t hide yet)
- Now as you have a place, clean that with any cleaning agent.
- Once purification is done, set the television in that room only.
- Place the knife and a cup or glass of salt water in the area you’re going to hide.
- Time to name the doll. (Don’t keep your name)
2. Main game
- As other ghost games, this game too starts at 3 am.
- You have to repeat a phrase 3 times “ (Your name) is first” (Fill your name there)
- Go to the bathroom and submerge the doll in the bathtub.
- Turn off all the lights, not only of the bathroom but the whole house.
- Turn on the television and go to your hiding place.
- Close your eyes and count to ten.
- After you finish counting. Hold your knife in hand and go to the bathroom.
- Remove the doll from the tub and say the following phrase: I have found you (Doll’s name), by using your knife cut the red thread binding the doll.
- And say the following phrase to doll “You are next (Doll’s name)” and again submerge the doll in the bathtub.
- Go back to your hiding place. Remain silent.
- Now fill your mouth with that salt water in the cup, do not swallow that. And keep the cup with remaining water in your hand.
- Start looking for the doll. (The doll may not be there in the bathtub now)
- When you find the doll, pour the remaining water you have on that doll. Throw the water of your mouth on that doll too.
- Say this phrase 3 times to the doll “I win.”
Scary as hell!!!
3. Post-main game
- Now the last but most important part, after completing the game, allow the doll to dry, burn it and discard it properly! Game over!
Now the game is over.
Important Rules to Follow
Read these rules carefully as it can be dangerous otherwise.
- The Rice you put in the doll is considered as organs of the doll.
- The Red thread represents the blood vessels and when you snipped the thread, you release the spirit you attracted in it at the first place.
- While naming the doll, do not name it by your name or someone you know.
- Do not turn the lights on in middle.
- Do not lock the doors.
- Do not shout, keep silent.
- Do not leave your house.
- Do not ever leave your hiding space without salt water in your mouth and hand (That is in a way protecting you)
- Television is only there to make you feel when there is some new energy in the room, do not turn off the TV in between and also do not shout while seeing changes in television.
- This game is a little dangerous of course, so try not to stretch it for more than 2 hours.
- Before starting the game, think about it carefully and only start if you’re ready, because leaving this game in between can lead to some unknown consequences.
Real Life Experiences of One Man Hide and Seek Game
Before you start playing, here is a compilation of some really horror experiences of people who played Hitori Kakurenbo game.
Note that the following experiences are what people shared on the internet. We cannot be sure of what is true and what is false, all I can say is, some of them sounds real.
Another user on Reddit reports her experience with the game here. She had faced a lot of problems after playing the game. What’s more freaking is that the user posted an update to the experience which she claims that she didn’t post. Here is a part of her experience;
Isn’t this scary as hell.
And finally, here’s a video of a Youtuber who tried to play this game.
Well, yes the video can be staged as we know how well Youtubers are posting fake stuff to gain attention. They should rather look for unique Video Ideas that actually help them grow.
Is it Really Safe to Play Hitori Kakurenbo?
You know the game, rules and also all the important points. So sit and think if you really want to play the game?
As it can be very scary and dangerous too. Like we don’t know how spooky it can be right? Especially if you’re someone who is easily scared by small things, this can be huge for you!
If you have some heart problem, you should also to avoid the game as it can increase your anxiety. So overall, play if you want to but taking all the aspects in your mind seriously.
Play safe and have fun!