Maybe you have heard your friends talk about a certain “Accent challenge”. So what is this accent challenge? Maybe you are just a curious reader out here looking for more about the challenge. Or you are an interested YouTuber who is looking for new and interesting content for your channel. Either way in this article I talk about the origin of the challenge and how to conduct it. Also, find some of the best Accent Challenges Questions and Ideas!!!
Please read on to find out more.
What is Accent Challenge?
Accent Challenge is originally from the social networking site Tumblr. The game is small and a bit old, but recently, it has shot into fame. It is a very common and popular idea among vloggers. Videos showing this challenge are going immensely popular within a short period of time.
There are 2 versions of this gaem. The first one is the original Tumblr Accent challenge. The other one is the Ellen DeGeneres Show Tumblr challenge.
Original Accent Challenge
This is the original version which became popular on Tumblr. You can either do this challenge with someone on video call or alone. In this challenge, the task is to read and answer a set of around 15 questions. Based on the way in which you read out the questions and answers, your friend determines your accent.
Generally the challenge starts off by you saying your name and your place of origin. After that the question answer section follows, in which you use your accent to read and answer some common questions. They help in determining your accent.
Later in this article, I have discussed some common accents, questions, and tag words which are popular for this challenge.
The Ellen Show Accent Challenge
If you see the Ellen Show in television or Youtube, then you are probably familiar with this version. It is a much newer and funnier version. Often the celebrity guests on the show play this game.
This version is more about copying other acents irrespective of your origin. At first you have to write down the name of diffenet accents on diffenet pieces of paper. Then pick any one on random. You have to say something random in the specified accent within a minute.
Common accents you can use
As we know, the world is home to a vast number of accetnsranging from regional to national. Based on the type of player, you can decide the accent on your own. For instance, if you are playing with your local friend, then some common regional accents will do. However, if you are playing with someone from another countyr, then naturally you have to use more popular and national accents.
Some of such popular national accents are as follows:-
Check out this video to listen to 67 accents.
Accent Tag Questions
Hereby I list a number of accent questions. For the challenge, you need to read and answer these questions.
- What is your name and username?
- What will you use to trim grasses?
- Where do you come from?
- What terms do you use to call gym shoes?
- What do you call it when someone throws toilet paper on the house?
- Be a wizard or vampire?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What is that bubbly carbonated drink called?
- Do you personally think you have an accent?
- What do you call a body fragrance?
- What is the document that gets a visa stamp?
- Who will apply medications for accident victims?
- What will you use to feed a baby?
- Who preaches in a church?
- What do you do in a pool?
- What will you call a citizen of Australia?
- Where will you use an ATM card?
- What machine is used to do dishes?
- How do you call shuttle bags
- What do you call a close friend?
- Why do you need a lawyer?
- What will you use to clean your teeth?
- Where do you dump refuse?
- What will you do in a bathroom?
- Where will you put cold food for it to get warm?
- What do you call the thing with wheels used to carry groceries in the supermarket?
- What is the first citizen of a country called?
- Where will a college student attend to obtain a higher degree?
- Where will you go to buy medicine?
- What do you call the clothing that women tie on the head?
- Who is responsible for advising students in a college?
- What do you need in the dark?
- What utensil will you use to drink water?
- Choose any book and read a random passage.
- What is the full meaning of e-mail?
- What will you call the daughter of your brother?
- Where do musicians stand to perform shows?
- What do you do with a fan?
- What will you use to type?
- Why would you need a knife?
- What will you enter to fly from one country to another?
- What is the document that gets a visa stamp?
- Where will you carry all your stuffs?
- What is the full meaning of MS word?
- What do you do with a bed?
- Who do you pray to?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What will you call the head of a company?
- Where will you go to relax overnight?
- What do you call someone that cooks?
- What pet name do you call your spouse?
- How is the family head referred to?
- What do you use to change channels on TV?
- What do you do with a phone?
- Which is the most popular social network site?
- What will you obtain to travel to another country?
- What do you call the food you eat in the morning?
- Say any 3 words that come to your mind.
Apart from the accent tag questions, the player also has to speak some common words which can help to determine your accent. Some such words are Crayon, Roof, Wash, Salmon,Oil, Again, Syrup, Caught, Pecan, Lawyer, Ruin, Coupon, Envelope, Naturally, Probably, Water, Spitting, Sure, and Theater.
These are some common words, but you can also find and use some of your own. Try to use words which sound different in different accents.